Most self-employed workers don’t expect pensions shortfall, says survey

first_imgAlmost 70% of self-employed Dutch workers (zzp’ers) expect to have sufficient pension savings at retirement, according to a survey of 5,000 workers.The outcome of the survey – commissioned by lobbying organisations ZZP Nederland, PZO and ZZP Pensioen, and conducted by Motivaction – was 10 percentage points higher than a study by pensions think-tank Netspar found last year.In a letter to social affairs minister Wouter Koolmees and parliament, ZZP Nederland and PZO said the survey was triggered by the discussion between the social partners and parliament about the mandatory participation of self-employed in pension funds.They noted that the zzp sector as stakeholder hadn’t been consulted, and argued that the discussions had been based on “incorrect assumptions”. The position of zzp’ers had been one of the stumbling blocks for the failed negotiations for pensions reform, with the trade unions demanding the introduction of mandatory participation.The self-employed, however, strongly opposed mandatory pensions saving and highlighted that they, as entrepreneurs, were capable of looking after their pension interests themselves.Almost six out of 10 zzp’ers intended to save for a pension, the survey found, with 50% of them also having second pillar pension claims accrued from previous jobs.The survey also found that having the option to adjust their pension contribution to fit their income was very important to zzp’ers.It reported that 40% wanted the flexibility to deploy their pension assets for other purposes, such as labour disability.last_img read more

Asian Games Vinesh Phogat completes engagement at Delhi airport after winning gold medal at Asiad

first_imgBut, Vinesh emphasised that the sudden decision to get engaged was not a result of the controversial reports doing rounds in the media.“No, it was nothing like that. For me, that article involving Neeraj didn’t exist. Somvir and I are friends for 7-8 years and the whole country knows about our relationship,” Vinesh was quoted by the TOI. Vinesh Phogat won the elusive gold in the 50kg freestyle category as she defeated Japan’s Yuki Irie by 6-2 to bag the shiny gold. For all the Latest Sports News News, Asian Games News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Indian wrestling superstar Vinesh Phogat exchanged rings with her longtime friend Somveer Rathi at the Delhi airport as she got engaged after winning a historic gold medal at the ongoing 2018 Asian Games in Indonesia. The selection of a rather odd venue for the engagement raised some eyebrows as the Asian Games gold medallist put an end to the controversial media reports surrounding her and Somveer’s relationship.ALSO READ: Asian Games 2018, Day 11 LIVE: India eye more medalsVinesh Phogat marked her name in the history books as she became the first ever Indian woman to win a gold medal in wrestling at the Asian Games. However, her name has been constantly making rounds among the media outlets as recently she was romantically linked with another Asian Games gold medallist and star javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra. Vinesh criticised the report that alleged closeness between the two and expressed her displeasure.However, she has now buried all the rumours following her engagement with Somveer Rathi, who is also a Greco Roman wrestler.ALSO READ: Cristiano Ronaldo wins UEFA Goal of the Season for overhead kickVinesh later took to Instagram and posted photographs of her engagement.”Thank you everyone for making me feel special with your warm and beautiful birthday wishes. I am really touched and humbled with all the blessings showered on us. This birthday will always be a memorable one,” she wrote. last_img read more

13 residents escape from NOC

first_imgThirteen juveniles of the New Opportunity Corps (NOC) are on the run after they reportedly escaped from the correctional institution at some time between Thursday evening and Friday morning.New Opportunity CorpsAccording to information received, 10 of the residents escaped on Thursday, and the other three escaped on Friday.The residents had completed some chores in the compound of the facility, after which they started to run towards the western side of the premises, which is not fenced. This area is lined by some bushes which lead to the backlands.The search is ongoing for a 15-year-old female of Vigilance village, ECD, who is serving 18 months for simple larceny; a 16-year-old girl of Bartica, who is serving two years for wandering; another 16-year-old girl of La Parfaite Harmonie, who is serving three years for wandering; a 15-year-old male, Mei of the Essequibo Coast, who is serving one year for simple larceny; a 16-year-old female of Number 10 Village, WCB, who is serving two years for wandering; a 16-year-old male of New Amsterdam, who is serving 21 months for attempting to escape from custody; a 16-year-old male of Buxton, serving a three-year sentence for possession of a firearm; a 16-year-old boy of Tucville, who is serving 22 months for wandering; a 17-year-old girl of Mahdia, who is serving two years for wandering; and A 17-year-old boy of Lethem, serving 15 months for burglary.This publication understands that the administrator, Mark Dover, and other staffers have already conducted a search, but the youths could not be located.Meanwhile, on Friday at about 04:40h, three others also escaped from the correctional facility. They have been identified as a 15-year-old male of Lethem, a 17-year-old girl of Number Five Village, West Coast Berbice, and a teenage boy of Berbice.The Social Cohesion Ministry has launched an investigation into the incidents, to determine if standard operating procedures (SOPs) were followed, and whether the staff had colluded with the residents to facilitate their escape.The Police have since placed several road blocks along the main access road on the Essequibo Coast in an attempt to recapture the residents.In June, four female residents escaped from the holding centre after the main gate of the dormitory had been left open.Back in 2017, oversight of the NOC’s operations were shifted from the Education Ministry to the Social Protection Ministry, to provide a stable ground for the youths to adapt to society after leaving the institution. Youths between the ages of 10 and 18 are placed at this correctional institution for petty offences, such as wandering, minor assault and theft.last_img read more