No injuries reported after fire in rural Mason City senior living facility

first_imgMASON CITY — Nobody was hurt after a fire at a rural Mason City senior living facility over the weekend. The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Department says they received a fire alarm at about 4:25 Sunday afternoon at Country Meadow Place at 17396 Kingbird Avenue just west of Mason City. Further investigation showed smoke was coming from one of the resident’s rooms on the west side of the building. The Clear Lake Fire Department entered the building and located a cloth material that was smoking which appeared to have been burnt in a microwave in one of the rooms. The building was ventilated and no injuries were reported.last_img read more