A leading estate agent has taken a well-aimed swipe at competitors who have set up hub-and-spoke operations and reduced their branch networks during the Covid crisis.The comments have been made by John Halman (above, right), the well-known industry figure and founder of Cheshire’s leading estate agency Gascoigne Halman, which was bought in 2015 by the Connells Group.The estate agency has now made its latest acquisition after acquiring the business of Andrew Hayes (above, left) in the Cheshire market town of Frodsham, where he has operated a Your Move franchise and worked for more than 20 years.22nd branchThis will give Gascoigne Halman its 22nd branch and at the announcement of the deal, Halman said the purchase gave a ‘strong message’ to the market.“In what have been unprecedented times, many estate agents have taken a backwards step, with merged offices and less local service,” he said.“Our philosophy is completely the opposite. We believe that estate agency is a people business and that local knowledge, professionalism and dedicated customer service is what people deserve and require. “Andrew’s track record in Frodsham is second to none and we are delighted to welcome him into our business.”Hayes is to head up the new Gascoigne Halman office in Frodsham, its third new branch in recent months including in Chapel-en-le-Frith and Glossop.Gascoigne Halman is not afraid of controversy. The company was at the centre of an ultimately failed effort three years ago to break OnTheMarket’s ‘one other portal rule’, which it claimed was a ‘restrictive practice’.john halman andrew hayes Gascoigne Halman connells September 15, 2020Nigel LewisOne commentRussell Quirk, Properganda Properganda 15th September 2020 at 9:25 amPeople and branches are not the same thing. We all get that, right?Log in to ReplyWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » Agencies & People » Who does he mean? Leading agent takes aim at firms who have cut branches but kept ‘coverage’ previous nextAgencies & PeopleWho does he mean? Leading agent takes aim at firms who have cut branches but kept ‘coverage’Senior industry figure John Halman makes comments as he launches his company Gasocoigne Halman’s 22nd branch.Nigel Lewis15th September 20201 Comment1,532 Views
Richard Brasher, boss of Tesco UK, has stepped down from the board, with Philip Clarke, chief executive of Tesco plc, to lead the charge with the UK business.Brasher will leave the retailer in July, following the transition of the UK business to Clarke. The move follows the decision by Clarke to take a much closer involvement in the UK business, said Tesco.Clarke said: “I have decided to assume responsibility as the CEO of our UK business at this very important time. This greater focus will allow me to oversee the improvements that are so important for customers.“Richard will leave behind a UK business which has very strong plans for improvement and, over the last two months, these plans are beginning to show progress, in line with our expectations.”Tesco’s share price has fallen -1.28% since 8am this morning, and currently stands at 320.52p per share (9.30am), significantly down from its 420.05p high point over the past 52 weeks.In a trading update for the six weeks to 7 January 2012, announced earlier this year, the supermarket chain achieved only a 1.7% increase in UK total sales, including VAT and excluding petrol.>>Tesco results “not about price” says chief exec>>Tesco needs to invest for success argues analyst
By Dialogo June 15, 2009 Bogotá, June 11 (EFE). – The Colombian Army captured “Martín Cuero,” a member of the FARC guerrilla organization who is very close to rebel leader Jorge Briceño Suárez, aka “Mono Jojoy,” official sources reported today. According to a press release from “Casa de Nariño,” the presidency headquarters, the arrest of “Martín Cuero,” a member of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), took place in Calarcá (Quindío) in a joint effort between the Army and the Colombian public prosecutor’s office. According to the authorities, the rebel had been tasked with organizing and implementing a mobility corridor between Buenaventura (south), the Coffee-Growers’ Axis (center-west), Meta, and Caquetá (south), to market cocaine. He is also accused of coordinating business with the drug cartels of the Orinoquia area, the Pacific Coast, and the Coffee-Growers’ Axis. In addition, he is accused of participating in the battles between the Colombian Army and the FARC in Casa Verde, municipality of La Uribe (Meta), in 1990, as well as the assaults on the towns of El Billar (Caquetá) in 1998 and Puerto Rico (Meta) in 1999. The prisoner had an arrest warrant for homicide, terrorism, forced displacement, and rebellion.
Of those five companies, only Exxon Mobil did not book sizeable impairments. But an ongoing re-evaluation of its plans could lead to a “significant portion” of its assets being impaired, it reported, and signal the elimination of 20 percent or 4.4 billion barrels of its oil and gas reserves.By contrast, BP took a $17 billion hit. It said it plans to re-center its spending in coming years around renewables and less on oil and natural gas.Weak demand means oil producers must revisit business plans, said Lee Maginniss, managing director at consultants Alarez & Marsal. He said the goal should be to pump only what generates cash in excess of overhead costs.“It’s low-cost production mode through the end of 2021 for sure, and to 2022 to the extent there are new development plans being contemplated,” Maginniss said.London-based BP has previously said it plans to cut its overall output by roughly 1 million barrels of oil equivalent (boepd) by the end of 2030 from its current 3.6 million boepd.Of the five, Exxon is the largest producer, with daily output of 3.64 million boepd, but its production dropped 408,000 boepd between the first and second quarters. The five majors, which include Chevron Corp, Royal Dutch Shell and Total SA, also cut capital expenditures by a combined $25 billion between the quarters.Crude output worldwide dropped sharply after the market crashed in April. The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, led by Saudi Arabia, along with allies including Russia, agreed to cut output by nearly 10 million barrels a day to balance out supply and demand in the market.Topics : The world’s five largest oil companies collectively cut the value of their assets by nearly US$50 billion in the second quarter, and slashed production rates as the coronavirus pandemic caused a drastic fall in fuel prices and demand.The dramatic reductions in asset valuations and decline in output show the depth of the pain in the second quarter. Fuel demand at one point was down by more than 30 percent worldwide, and still remains below pre-pandemic levels.Several executives said they took massive writedowns because they expect demand to remain impaired for several more quarters as people travel less and use less fuel due to the ongoing global pandemic that has killed more than 700,000 people.
Other outlets are reporting the signing, as wellIt’s a 2-year deal worth $7 million for Boban Marjanovic, a source confirms. https://t.co/VuMGoaRzDh— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) July 3, 2019The Mavericks are finalizing a deal with Boban Marjanovic, league sources say— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) July 3, 2019The 7-3 center likely will be playing behind Kristaps Porzingis — should he be fully recovered from his ACL tear — and Dwight Powell, meaning his time off the bench will be limited. Related News NBA trade rumors: Grizzlies unload Chandler Parsons, $25M contract with Hawks While he isn’t exactly quick like today’s NBA game is, his large frame allows him to guard the basket easily and be a threat with offensive rebounds.Hopefully his departure from longtime friend Tobias Harris (the duo make up the Bobi and Tobi Show) won’t be hindered too much since they will be playing on different teams now.I’m not crying, you’re crying 😢. NO!!! IM CRYINGGGGGGGG!! 😢😢😢😢 https://t.co/ETkAogwyO0— Tobias Harris (@tobias31) July 3, 2019Tobi and Bobi forever 💔😢pic.twitter.com/2covOvuodN— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) July 3, 2019 Lakers free agency rumors: Los Angeles among 3 teams still ‘in the mix’ for Danny Green Dallas has itself a new big man.Free agent Boban Marjanovic has agreed to a two-year deal worth $7 million with the Mavericks, The Athletic reported Tuesday, citing league sources. Marjanovic, 30, first started last season with the Clippers, but was traded to the 76ers in the latter part of the season. Overall, he averaged 7.3 points and 4.6 rebounds per game last season. Seth Curry free agency rumors: Mavericks land guard with $32 million deal