Airport authorities have stopped asking passengers arriving in the capital city to present their exit and entry permit (SIKM) since July 17, when the Jakarta administration revoked the requirement for both incoming and outgoing travelers and replaced it with the Corona Likelihood Metric (CLM).PT Angkasa Pura (AP) II has stopped asking for the SIKM at the two main commercial airports in the capital, Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten and Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport in East Jakarta. The state-owned airport operator has said that eliminating the SIKM has made the predeparture procedure “simpler” because it required fewer documents.Read also: COVID-19: Here are the requirements for those seeking to travel to, within Indonesia AP II operations and services director Muhamad Wasid said that travelers need only present a test report for a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or a rapid diagnostic test (RDT) that was valid for 14 days.“Document checks will [now] be simpler, as the SIKM requirement has been revoked. A longer validity for the rapid or PCR test report can help travelers be more flexible in managing [their] flight schedules,” Muhamad said on Monday in a statement .The new requirements for air passengers travelling to and from Jakarta are to:Install the Communication and Information Ministry’s PeduliLindungi free contact tracing application (available on Google Play and the App Store) on their smartphones;Fill out a health alert card (HAC) prior to departure, to be checked upon arrival at their destination;Present personal identity documents and health certificates; andFollow the health protocols, including the body temperature check.These requirements — except for the HAC — also apply to travelers using other modes of transportation to enter or leave Greater Jakarta. The Jakarta administration is also encouraging all travelers to self-report via the JakCLM feature on the Jakarta Kini (JAKI) mobile app, a dedicated app it has developed that will feed the data to the CLM. The free app is available on both Google Play and the App Store, and was developed by Jakarta Smart City, which falls under the city’s communication, information and statistics agency.Read also: Hesitant flyers: People remain wary of air travel because of health, cost concerns, survey showsJakarta Transportation Agency head Syafrin Liputo said that the CLM system would help people “feel safe”, as it helped them better assess their probability of contracting COVID-19. He urged people to be honest and accurate in reporting their health condition, so that the system could generate an accurate assessment.However, Jakarta Smart City chairman Yudhistira Nugraha said that self-reporting was a mere suggestion and not a requirement.“The CLM results were required to issue the SIKM [previously] under the Gubernatorial Regulation on SIKM. However, both the letter and the regulation have now been revoked,” he said on Tuesday.Topics :
The Jakarta administration has confirmed that 11 City Hall employees have tested positive for COVID-19. All of them were stationed at City Hall’s Block G building, which is temporarily closed.Jakarta Employment Agency head Chaidir said eight of the employees worked in the agency and three worked in the city administration’s legal bureau.“They took COVID-19 rapid tests on Monday and I received reports [of the results] on Wednesday,” Chaidir told reporters Thursday.He added that two high-ranking officials who work in Block G also tested positive for COVID-19, whom he requested not be identified by their names.Previously, Governor Anies Baswedan said Block G would be temporarily closed for three days to be cleaned and disinfected following the infections. Read also: Jakarta closes Block G building at City Hall after employee tests positive for COVID-19On Wednesday, the city administration lost its secretary, Saefullah, who died at age 56 from several complications due to COVID-19. He served the administration for 36 years. Anies, however, denied that the temporary closing of Block G was due to Saefullah’s death.The South Jakarta administration issued on Wednesday a circular ordering all of its staffers to work from home until Monday after seven of them tested positive for the virus.South Jakarta Mayor Marullah Matali said the administration building would be disinfected for three days before being reopened, tempo.co reported.The capital, which has seen a spike in COVID-19 cases since late August, announced on Wednesday 1,294 new daily cases, bringing the total tally to 57,469 with 1,481 deaths.The spike prompted the provincial administration to reinstate the large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) policy starting Monday after easing them back in June.Topics :
It said, therefore, it had three options: to maintain the status quo and rely on The Pensions Regulator (TPR) to oversee them with its existing powers; to legislate to prevent consolidation; or to create a regulatory regime that would work for all stakeholders.This government chose the third option “to proceed with what is a difficult but potentially worthwhile program to enable a properly regulated superfund consolidation sector”.However, upon the launch of the consultation, the DWP noted that it already aimed to strengthen the power of TPR to oversee the new, burgeoning sector, and ensure those operating in it passed a fit and proper person test. Source: PLSAGuy Opperman addresses the PLSA conference in October 2018Guy Opperman, minister for pensions and financial inclusion, said: “Well-run superfunds have great potential to deliver more secure retirement incomes for workers while allowing employers to concentrate on what they do best – running their businesses.”In the 67-page consultation document, the DWP said it was seeking the views of trustees, companies operating pension funds, and other stakeholders in the corporate landscape.Adam Saron, chief executive of Clara Pensions, welcomed the DWP’s efforts “in embracing innovation while also recognising the need for robust regulation”.Saron said the momentum behind the consolidation of DB schemes had gathered pace and the publication of the consultation was an important next step.He said: “The DWP has clearly put a great deal of work into considering important elements of the consolidation model, such as ensuring sufficient protections for members, financial sustainability and good governance. It is right that we have a debate about the financial sustainability of consolidators.”Luke Webster, CEO of The PensionSuperFund, said there was “nothing in the guidance that is incompatible with our initial transaction” and that it could therefore move to submitting it for regulatory clearance. The government department is also considering how to build an accreditation scheme for existing DB master trusts such as TPT Retirement Solutions, which it felt did not require authorisation or specific legislation as they were already bound by pension scheme regulation.The DWP said it preferred a voluntary, industry-led scheme that would raise awareness of these vehicles for DB schemes and was considering changing the name to avoid confusion with defined contribution master trusts.Opperman said: “We’re clear there needs to be proper regulation, and we’re consulting to ensure we get that right. We’re transforming pensions saving in this country through our radical reforms, and this is yet another innovation which will improve retirement prospects.”The consultation can be found on the DWP’s website and will close on 1 February 2019. The UK’s Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has launched a long-awaited consultation on defined benefit (DB) scheme consolidators – dubbed “superfunds” – as the sector grows in prominence without appropriate regulation in place.In the last 12 months, two commercial DB consolidators have launched – Clara Pensions and The Pension Superfund – as maturing schemes look to de-risk. However, the two vehicles as yet have not written any business.The consultation document stated: “The current legislative framework does not prevent a superfund setting up and attempting to attract other funds to consolidate. However, there are clear risks in doing so without a suitable regulatory framework to ensure member protection.”The paper said the government wanted to do more to encourage consolidation, recognising the benefits it can bring in reducing scheme costs per member, enabling more effective investment strategies and improving governance.
The Batesville Lady Bulldogs capture The Ripley County Volleyball Tourney Championship with wins over Jac-Cen-Del and Milan.Batesville vs. Jac-Cen-Del RCT (9-14)Batesville vs. Milan RCT (9-14)Submitted by Batesville Coach Jody Thomas.
A CorrespondentTANGLA: Phulmoni Daimari, a class eight student of Udalguri Girls’ HS School of Udalguri district has been selected in the ten-member team of Assam, by the Assam Amateur Boxing Association (AABA) for the 1st BFI Sub Junior Girls’ National Championship to be held at Nagpur in Maharastra from September 2 to 7.Phulmoni was felicitated and by the teachers and students of Udalguri Girls’HS school for her success in the forthcoming championship on Monday. Her coach Dhaneswar Basumatary who runs the Dhaneswar Basumatary Boxing Training Centre, Udalguri informed that Phulmoni Daimari is being imparted all possible training for the forthcoming championship.
Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers hailed his players after their superb 3-0 victory at Fulham.The result followed the Welsh team’s win against Manchester City and further enhanced their growing reputation.Rodgers declared: “Fulham are a very dangerous side but over the course of the game we were absolutely phenomenal. It’s a very proud day for us all – players, supporters and the management team.AdChoices广告“This was our biggest game of the season, purely on the back of the result and performance against Manchester City. We don’t want to be a side that just play against favourites.”Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
(ESPNCricinfo) – WITH their third straight opening century stand, with the highest ever opening partnership in IPL, and with rapid centuries of their own, Jonny Bairstow and David Warner consigned Royal Challengers Bangalore to their third straight loss.The 232 chase fell on Virat Kohli’s shoulder early in the innings, as Mohammed Nabi removed the top order, including the big scalp of AB de Villiers in the first four overs.Kohli crawled to 3 off nine in the Powerplay, but was out soon after. At one point, RCB slumped to 30 for 5, and it was game over.Sunrisers reached the IPL final last year without Warner. This year, without Kane Williamson, their captain and IPL 2018’s highest run-getter, they’ve put on three century opening stands.On Sunday, the demolition mantle was taken over by Bairstow, who scored his second T20 century and first in the IPL, off 52 balls.Kohli opted to bat because he expected the pitch to be slow in the first innings.He opened the bowling with Moeen Ali, and immediately saw Bairstow go after him.The second ball was swept for four to begin the boundary barrage.While Warner made room for deliveries that were outside off for punches and drives, and walked across to swat and nudge the others on the leg side, Bairstow mainly targeted the leg side right throughout.In the Powerplay, Bairstow hit Mohammed Siraj for consecutive fours in the fourth and sixth overs when he went short or wide.There was a hint of the openers slowing down when 16-year-old debutant legspinner Prayas Ray Barman conceded only six off his first over, the seventh of the innings, but they didn’t take long to line him up. Bairstow tore into Barman off his next.He followed an inside-out six over the covers with two fours on the leg side to bring up a 28-ball half-century.Bairstow even hogged the strike from there for the rest of the partnership, with plenty of swipes and lofted sixes on the leg side, mixed with technically-correct drives and punches when required.Bairstow was equally punishing off Colin de Grandhomme, dispatching two slower short balls for six.Exactly three overs after Warner brought up his 32-ball fifty in the 13th over, Bairstow reached his century with a couple off Barman.He celebrated the milestone the way Warner does – with a running leap and helmet in his hand.His first 50 runs saw more runs through fours (nine) than sixes (one), but his acceleration from 50 to 100 featured four sixes and only three fours.Barman returned to bowl the 16th, and conceded 20, the most expensive over of the innings.Bairstow fell soon after, but the damage had been done. Warner was on 70 off 42 balls then with 21 deliveries to go.From there, he struck Siraj and Umesh for sixes, and ran several singles and doubles even after he had batted through a hot Hyderabad afternoon.With a single on the last ball of the 19th over, he had six balls to face and seven to get to century.By steering a low full toss past short third man for four, Warner showed the original celebratory leap for his fourth IPL hundred.Siraj’s 0 for 38 were the most economical figures of the innings.
Published on November 19, 2017 at 4:18 pm Contact Anthony: firstname.lastname@example.org Syracuse (19-12, 11-7 Atlantic Coast) picked up its second win in three days with a 3-1 victory over Duke (17-12, 9-9) Sunday afternoon at the Women’s Building. After dropping the first set 25-20, the Orange rallied to win the next three sets to take the match. This win completes SU’s two-game sweep of Duke after the Orange won in four sets in Durham back on Sept. 28.Four main attackers carried SU, as Santita Ebangwese, Amber Witherspoon, Ella Saada and Kendra Lukacs all registered double-digit kills. Saada led the Orange attack with 13 kills, while Ebangwese and Witherspoon both tallied 12. Lukacs continued her recent strong play since returning from injury with 12 kills and just one attack error.With the first set level at 15, the Blue Devils reeled off nine of 12 points, opening up a 24-18 lead. The Orange struggled with attack errors in the opening set, with four coming during the Blue Devils’ late set run. Duke took the opening set 25-20.Leading 8-7 in the second set, the Orange scored six of the next seven points, with Saada adding two kills and an ace in the run. Duke rallied to close the gap to three points, 20-17, but the Orange pulled away late in the set, winning 25-19.The third set remained close for the entirety of the set, with neither team leading by more than two at any point. There were 16 ties in the set, and despite SU’s recent struggles in close sets, the Orange was able to win three of the final four points in the set to take a 2-1 lead. Jalissa Trotter ended the set emphatically with a kill to give SU a set point and an ace to close it out. Trotter tallied her second-most assists of the season with 45.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textIn the final set, the Orange used the momentum shift at the end of the third to come out flying. SU took an early 8-4 lead and never looked back, with Witherspoon tallying three consecutive kills. The Orange used a 16-8 run to open up the game, 21-13, a deficit which was too great for the Blue Devils to overcome. Duke won five of six points to claw back into the set, but it was too late as SU held on for a 25-21 win in the final set.After two consecutive wins, Syracuse will host Notre Dame on Wednesday in the Women’s Building at 7 p.m. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
A retired sports journalist and former Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports has described as illegal and dishonourable the unilateral decision by the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA) to rename the Theodosia Okoh Hockey Stadium after late President John Evans Atta Mills.Reacting to the AMA’s announcement that it had renamed the hockey stadium as part of the celebration of the first anniversary of the death of the President, who played a prominent role in the development and progress of hockey in the country, Mr Joe Aggrey said it was not right as the stadium had already been named. He said changing the name was disrespectful to the illustrious woman who is still alive.“While we all agree to honour the memory of the late President who was a great sportsman, the hockey facility has already been named after another legend, Mrs Theodosia Okoh, as part of a decision to rename all national sports edifices after illustrious former sportsmen and sportswomen. Therefore to change the name of an edifice which has already been named is not only disrespectful but dishonourable to Mrs Okoh who is alive,” Mr Aggrey said.The former deputy minister explained that the decision to name the hockey facility after Mrs Okoh was taken in 2004 after careful deliberations and consultations by a competent group of people who formed a committee set up by the government.“Her role in the development of Ghana hockey, where she was even nicknamed Joan d’Arc of Ghana hockey, is equally recognisable. She was not the only one who had a sports facility named after her.“There is the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi, Robert Mensah Sports Stadium in Cape Coast, the Azumah Nelson Sports Complex in Kaneshie and several others. “The decision by the AMA certainly demeans whatever role Mrs Okoh played for Ghana hockey and knowing the late President, I think he would not have approved of such an action,” Mr Aggrey, a former Group Sports Editor of the Graphic Communications Group Limited, added.Also reacting to the change of name, a source at the National Sports Authority (NSA) said it was surprised by the announcement from the AMA as the naming of national facilities was not for the assembly to make.“All sports facilities in the country are under the National Sports Authority and it is the only body, acting on behalf of government, has the right or mandate to name or change names of such facilities.“The facility does not belong to the AMA and, therefore, it has no legal right to change its name. So far as we are concerned, the facility had a name even before it was developed from the national pitch to the stadium,” the source stressed.Meanwhile, Mrs Okoh, an octagenarian who lives at Kanda in Accra, declined to comment on the issue when the Daily Graphic contacted her yesterday. Mrs Okoh was a national hockey star who went on to chair the National Hockey Association and was instrumental in securing the present site for the hockey stadium at a time the AMA tried to take over the land for an expanded lorry station.
Petra Kvitova recalled to a Czech court that there was “blood everywhere” as she testified Tuesday against a man accused of attacking her with a knife in her home in December 2016.The two-time Wimbledon winner, an Australian Open finalist last month, sustained career-threatening injuries to her left hand in alleged the incident. Kvitova said she opened the door as she was expecting to take a doping test.”He asked me to turn on the hot water tap and at that moment I had a knife against my neck. I grabbed it with both hands,” she said. “I held the blade with my left hand. I snatched it away, I fell on the floor and there was blood everywhere.”Zondra faces up to 12 years in prison if convicted. It’s not clear when the verdict might be issued, according to The Associated Press. He’s currently serving a prison term for a different crime. Kvitova gave testimony at the trial of Radim Zondra, 33, the man charged with assault in relation to the incident. The suspect denies the allegations.The 28-year-old, who returned to competitive tennis in May 2017, gave evidence in a separate room at the Brno court via video and alleged that the accused said he was there to inspect her boiler.